Reset Password

click to enable zoom
Loading Maps
We didn't find any results
open map

Resolution Policy

26/04/2023 by Administrator

The European Union has created a support site for consumers so that they can present their complaints about any dispute in which they are involved. In this way, we provide all the information so that you can exercise your right to complain to an official entity, third and impartial to the process in question, called the “Alternative Entity for the Resolution of Consumer Disputes”.

What is Alternative Consumer Dispute Resolution and what are Alternative Consumer Dispute Resolution Entities?
Alternative Dispute Resolution covers mediation, conciliation and arbitration of consumer disputes in Portugal. ADR entities are entities authorized to carry out mediation, conciliation and arbitration that must be registered in the list of ADR entities provided for by Law n.º 144/2015. They are independent entities, with specialized personnel, who, impartially, on the one hand, help the consumer and the company to reach an amicable solution through mediation or conciliation or, on the other hand, if that agreement is not reached, allow a decision to be taken by arbitrators in a simple and quick process, via arbitration.

When can I resort to out-of-court dispute resolution through an ADR entity?
In the event of a problem with a supplier of goods or a service provider, and in the event that an agreement cannot be reached, the consumer may initiate proceedings against the supplier with an ADR entity, provided that:
– They are initiated by a consumer against a supplier of goods or service provider;
– Comply with contractual obligations resulting from purchase and sale contracts or services rendered;
– The contract is concluded between a supplier of goods or service provider and consumers established and resident, respectively, in Portugal and in the European Union.

Which Alternative Consumer Dispute Resolution entity can you turn to because of a dispute?
CNIACC – National Center for Information and Arbitration of Consumer Disputes Website:

For more information, visit the Consumer Portal: